2020 September run schedule
Day 1 (Fri Sept 18)
Recommended departures from camp by 10am daily, and each day everyone is assumed
to have had breakfast before starting the day’s journey. Set up camp preferably well
before dark if possible. This itinerary is a guide, not a rulebook. Remember, the ladies
often need more bathroom breaks than the men, men on the left, ladies on the right!
All lunches will be at a convenient location along the trail. Dinner will be at the day’s
Britton Creek Rest Area, Hwy 5 Exit 228
– 4:30pm mandatory FUEL STOP in Hope, BC. You must arrive at the meeting point with
a full fuel tank!
– After fuel stop, proceed north on Hwy 5 N (Coquihalla) to exit 228, Britton Creek Rest
– In the rest area we will meet in the truck parking area (stay straight, do not turn left into
the car area).
– 5:30pm meet for vehicle inspections (vehicles should already be fueled!)
– Last known bathroom facilities until we reach camp
– 6pm SHARP departure
– You will proceed to Lodestone Lake for our 1st night of camping.
– There are pit toilets here.
– It is usually very windy and often chilly, remember to bring layers of clothing!
– In the morning we will attempt to climb the ranger lookout for great views of the area and
photos before continuing on
DAY 2 (Sat Sept 19)
– After breakfast we head backtrack south for a while and head to Paddy Pond.
– A fuel stop will not be necessary today.
– Camping will be at one of a few stops along the road south, depending on space and
– POINT OF INTEREST
– Falcon hill
– Wells Lake
– Paddy Pond
– Great views
DAY 3 (Sun Sept 20)
– After breakfast the trail begins to ease a bit with fewer challenges than day 2.
– We will continue along Whipsaw Creek road until we reach Hwy 3, where we will head
temporarily north to Princeton for our last FUEL STOP .
– After the fuel stop, we head back south on Hwy 3 towards Hope and home.
– If time permits, there will be an optional dinner stop in Hope at a pub/restaurant.
– POINT OF INTEREST
– Old ranch ruins
– Dicks Cabin